We’re looking for individuals to volunteer and join the NCYFL committee. We currently have vacancies available as Divisional Secretaries. A full role profile is below, and as well as an application form.
Divisional Secretary Role Description
The role of the secretary is to support the club coaches / managers in ensuring the smooth functioning of the League.
Act as a key contact for clubs in the league:
- To prepare fixtures, or to work with the league fixtures secretary to provide a league football programme. This will include a league fixture programme and relevant cup and trophy competitions depending on the age group.
- To communicate to managers and clubs league information when required.
- To act as a league representative at any cup finals, trophy events or Festivals that are relevant for their age group.
- To communicate with other league committee members any issues that are raised by clubs
- To work with the league Respect Officer, Referee Officers and Child Welfare Officer to ensure that all the games played in the league competitions are played in the right way.
Make Arrangements for league events
- To ensure arrangements for cup finals and trophy events are made and communicated to clubs. Work with the Referee Officers to ensure these are successful.
- To sit on league application, recruitment and disciplinary panels as required.
Qualities and Skills Required
- Organisational ability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
- Approachable and sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Well organised and an eye for detail.