NCYFL RULES OF LEAGUE CUP COMPETITIONS for ages U12 to U18 (2020-21)
- Each age group from under 12 to under 18 shall have its own cup competition. All teams shall automatically be entered into the Kappa Cup competition for their respective age group. Any team that is knocked out of the Kappa Cup may be entered into the 4Sports Trophy competition for that age group by the Management Committee.
- Subject to where specific provision is made in these rules, the relevant League rules shall apply.
- Each tie shall be played at the ground of the first drawn team in each round. In the event that the first drawn team is unable to host the tie on the scheduled date, the game shall be played at the ground of the second drawn team. If neither team is able to host the tie the game shall be played at a venue determined by the Management Committee. In any event the Management Committee may order that any tie be played on a date and at a venue of its choosing.
The decision of the Management Committee relating to the dates and venues of all matches shall be binding on all teams.
- The Final tie in all competitions shall be played at a venue and on a date and time determined by the Management Committee.
- All other Cup matches shall kick off between 10.00am and 2.00pm as determined by the home team.
- The Management Committee shall endeavour to facilitate the appointment of as many referees and assistant referees for cup matches as possible. Otherwise Rule 13 of the League rules shall apply.
- The fee and expenses of Match official(s) relating to all cup matches (except for the final tie) shall be borne equally by both clubs.
- The League shall meet all match expenses of the final ties and shall take the proceeds of any gate or programme monies involved.
- A player may not play for a team if they have played in a previous round for another team in the same age group competition in the same season.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Kappa Cup and 4Sports Trophy are defined as one competition for each age group; should a player play for one team in the Kappa Cup or 4Sports Trophy, they shall not be eligible to play for any other team in the Kappa Cup or 4Sports Trophy in the same age group that season.
- No player shall play for a team in the semi-finals or final of any League Cup unless they have played in at least two competitive matches (League or League Cup competitions) for the said team prior to the Semi-Finals during the current season (or was a registered bona fide player for the said team on 1st October of the current season), except with the permission of the committee. Applications for permission to be granted must be submitted in writing to the League Secretary at least five days before the date of the tie.
- Teams found guilty of playing ineligible players in a cup match may be removed from the competition and may be fined up to £100. If the game is ordered to be replayed, then the offending club may also be ordered to pay the expenses incurred.
- In the event of a team failing to fulfil a cup-fixture, it may forfeit the match to its opponents and may be liable to a fine of up to £50.
- For all cup matches where there is a colour clash then the away team will change colours.
- Results of all cup fixtures must be reported to the Full-Time system, and a team sheet should be completed and retained for the duration of the season.
- A cup or trophy shall be awarded to the winning team in a Cup Final tie.
- In addition to the cup or trophy the league may award 16 mementos for 11v11 & 14 mementos for 9v9 to players of both competing teams. Additional mementos may be purchased by the teams through the league for players who did not play in the final tie but who have played in a previous round or rounds of the Competition.
- In the event of a draw at the end of normal time in any cup match, including the final tie, extra time of 10 minutes each way for U12 to U16 and 15 minutes each way for U17 & U18 age groups shall be played. If the scores are still level at the end of extra time, the match shall be decided by the taking of penalties as laid down in the Laws of the game.