NCYFL RULES OF TROPHY EVENTS COMPETITIONS for ages U7 to U8 (2021-22)
- Each age group from under 7 to under 8 shall have a trophy event where a cup is awarded. Such events are Trophy Event Competitions and shall be known as the Kappa Cup and the 4Sports Trophy. All teams shall automatically be entered into the Kappa Cup competition for their respective age group. Any team that is knocked out of the Kappa Cup may be entered into the 4Sports Trophy competition for that age group by the Management Committee.
- Subject to where specific provision is made in these rules, the relevant League rules shall apply.
- Each tie shall be played at the ground of the first drawn team in each round. In the event that the first drawn team is unable to host the tie on the scheduled date, the game shall be played at the ground of the second drawn team. If neither team is able to host the tie the game shall be played at a venue determined by the Management Committee. In any event the Management Committee may order that any tie be played on a date and at a venue of its choosing.
The decision of the management committee relating to dates and venues of all matches shall be binding on all teams.
- The Final tie in all Trophy Event Competitions shall be played at a venue and on a date and time determined by the Management Committee.
- All other Trophy Event Competition matches shall kick off between 10.00am and 2.00pm as determined by the home team.
- The Management Committee shall endeavour to facilitate the appointment of as many referees and assistant referees for Trophy Event Competition matches as possible. Otherwise Rule 13 of the league rules shall apply.
- The fee and expenses of appointed Match Official(s) relating to all Trophy Event Competition matches (except for the final tie) shall be borne equally by both clubs.
- The League shall meet all match expenses of the final ties and shall take the proceeds of any gate or programme monies involved.
- A player may not play for a team if they have played in a previous round for another team in the same age group Trophy Event Competition in the same season.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Kappa Cup and 4Sports Trophy are defined as one Trophy Event Competition for each age group; should a player play for one team in the Kappa Cup or 4Sports Trophy, they shall not be eligible to play for any other team in the Kappa Cup or 4Sports Trophy in the same age group that season.
- No player shall play for a team in the Semi-Finals or Final of any Trophy Event Competition unless they have played in at least two matches (league or league trophy competition or other trophy event) for the said team prior to the Semi-Finals during the current season (or was a registered bona fide player for the said team on 1st October of the current season), except with the permission of the committee. Applications for permission to be granted must be submitted in writing to the League Secretary at least five days before the date of the tie.
- Teams found guilty of playing ineligible player(s) in a Trophy Event Competition match may be removed from the competition and may be fined up to £100. Please note that in the event of ineligible player(s) playing in a game, the Management Committee will not order a game to be replayed.
- In the event of a team failing to fulfil a trophy event competition fixture on the date decided, it may forfeit the match to its opponents and may be liable to a fine of up to £50.
- For all Trophy Event Competition matches where there is a colour clash then the away team will change colours.
- Results of all trophy event fixtures must be reported to the Full-Time system.
- A cup or trophy shall be awarded to the winning team in a Trophy Event Competition final tie.
- In addition to the cup or trophy the league may award 14 mementos for 7v7 & 9v9, 10 mementos for 5v5 to the players of both competing teams. Additional mementos may be purchased by the teams through the League for players who did not play in the final tie but who played in a previous round or rounds of the Trophy Event Competition.
- In the event of a draw at the end of normal time in a knockout Trophy Event match (round based competition, or finals stages after a group based competition), including the final tie, extra time of 5 minutes each way shall be played. If the scores are still level at the end of extra time, the match shall be decided by the taking of penalties as laid down in the Laws of the game.